Canterbury Girls’ Secondary College
Canterbury Girls’ Secondary College is a dynamic learning community focused on ensuring student needs are met, and on developing resilience and an attitude of lifelong learning so that students are creative, curious and open to new opportunities which they are prepared to meet.
- We take pride at all times in our school and build a sense of belonging by fostering a strong sense of identity within classes, year levels, sub-schools, Houses and the whole school.
- We actively build relationships between students, parents and staff to ensure a learning community that enables all students to succeed and that values the importance of hearing all voices.
- We accept and support the diversity and individuality of all members of the school community and all we do demonstrates this acceptance.
- We understand the importance of a strong co-curricular program that provides a breadth of opportunities for all students and we embed such programs in the school.
- We know that there is a strong link between wellbeing, positive relationships and academic outcomes so that the wellbeing programs in the school are supported and resourced by the whole school and draw on internal and external experts to build student resilience and to support students.
- We develop teachers as passionate educators through an effective professional learning program and within teams to foster and build a professional learning community.